2013 Registration Fees & Extras
Participants who are registered by midnight March 14, will be guaranteed their participant t-shirt size.
Online Registration is closed please register at the Expo Holiday Inn Airport on Friday 11:00 – 1:00 and 4:00- 8:00 or Saturday morning at the Fairgrounds from 5:00 6:20.
- SIC FULL, ½ and 8k “Training Runs” provide the runs many of us need to keep us on our individual training programs and motivate us through the winter. These runs help you reach your goals and potential by providing set distances!
- Full Marathon training runs: $20.50
- ½ Marathon training runs: $17.50
- 8k training runs: $15
- Regular 8k registration (until March 2, 2013): $27.50
- Late 8k registration (until April 4, 2013): $35
- Race Weekend 8k registration (April 5 & 6, 2013): $40
- Regular 1/2 Marathon registration (until March 2, 2013): $75
- Late 1/2 Marathon registration (until April 4, 2013): $80
- Race Weekend 1/2 Marathon registration (April 5 & 6, 2013): $85
- Regular Marathon registration (until March 2, 2013): $85
- Late Marathon registration (until April 4, 2013): $90
- Race Weekend Marathon registration (April 5 & 6, 2013): $99
Want to SKIP Packet Pickup completely? For $15 you will receive your entire packet, including all purchased upgrades by 3 days prior to the event. NOTE: Form must be submitted by March 25.
- Tech Tee Upgrade (swap your cotton participant tee for a tech tee): $9.00
- Add a Tech Tee (you will end up with two total participant shirts: one tech and one cotton): $13.00
- Insurance: If you have a medical condition preventing you from running you will be refunded entry fee: $7.50
- Mailable packet (you get to skip packet pick-up…if you turn your form in by March 29): $15
- Half to Full registration upgrade (must be submitted by March 25) : $15, no matter how early or late you registered
- 8k to Half Marathon registration upgrade: $35 until December 31 / $45, January 1 – March 25th
- Mailable Entry form fee: $7.50 to encourage online entries (reduces chance of error AND saves paper)
- Only those who have signed up for the 2013 SIC by Midnight Sunday, March 3 will get their name on their SIC keepsake race number! This includes all race distances- the FULL marathon, 1/2 marathon and 8k and includes the state of the art B-chip, where you get to just wear your timing chip as a thin sticker on the back of your race number! Register today to be sure your name is on your SIC bib on April 6th
Due to insurance requirements, no baby joggers, unofficial bicycles, roller blades, or animals will be allowed.
No phone or fax entries are accepted.
Only one participant is allowed per entry form.
Re-assignment or name changes of entries are not permitted.
The Waiver and Release of Liability MUST be signed in order to process your entry.
Participants must maintain a 15:00/mile pace for the Full Marathon and 17:00/mile pace for the 1/2 Marathon or they will be asked to retire from the event (or switch to a shorter distance event at the appropriate split). Due to safety considerations and road closure permits, the enforcement of the time limit must be strictly adhered to. Please make sure that you are able to maintain this pace for your chosen event. In addition, there will be an 10 minute “grace period” to allow everyone to cross the starting line. To ensure the safety of all participants, any participant not maintaining this pace will be asked to retire from the event and will be taken back to the race site on an event vehicle.
SCORING AND TIMING
All SIC events will be timed using the electronic Timing Tag adhered to your race number, and enclosed in your race packet. YOU MUST WEAR YOUR RACE NUMBER ON YOUR FRONT TO GET TIMED AND SCORED! You also must wear your bib number visibly on the front of your body, for security reasons. Please make certain the information on your bib is correct before leaving packet pickup.
Instantaneous Results will be available to participants directly after the race! Go to our Results and Awards tent to receive your results printout including split times and age group / overall place. No more waiting around for the results to be posted! This service has been provided the past two years and we have received wonderful feedback on it, so ENJOY!
All SIC Marathon and 1/2 Marathon finishers will receive a finisher’s medal, with a special edition neck band for those whose SIC finish time qualifies them for the Boston Marathon (within the Results Tent). All SIC Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 8k finishers will be eligible for age group awards. Winter Melt Down Series finishers will receive a special edition medal, in addition to being eligible for Series age group awards.
Award Ceremonies are scheduled as follows: 10:15am 8k, 11:15am 1/2 Marathon, and 12:15pm Marathon
Should you win an award at and not be able to pick it up at the Awards Ceremony, feel free to stop by the Results Tent within the SIC SLAM festival and explain your circumstances to SIC Race Officials. In most cases, awards are able to be released prior to the official ceremony.
The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon courses will remain open and supported for all participants maintaining the following paces: 1/2 Marathon 17 minutes per mile, and Full Marathon 15 minutes per mile. In addition, there will also be an 10 minute “grace period” to allow everyone this extra time to get across the starting line. This works out to equal a finishing time limit of 3 hours 51 minutes for the 1/2 Marathon and 6 hours 41 minutes for the Full Marathon. To ensure the safety of all participants, any participant not maintaining this pace will be asked to retire from the event and will be taken back to the race site on an event vehicle. Finisher medals and age group awards are awarded only to those who finish within the posted time limits for each event.
Should you register for the Marathon or 1/2 Marathon and realize that you will not be able to complete the distance within the time limit allowed, feel free to switch from the longer distance course to the shorter distance course at the marked split of the course on race day. Your Timing Chip within your race number will register the change and alert the timing officials of the appropriate distance length for your specific circumstance, for awards and finish time results purposes.
ARE YOU FROM OUT OF TOWN?
SIC has partnered with Holiday Inn (Airport) to offer Southern Indiana Classic participants special rates by booking stays through our easy online reservation tool. Reserve your stay with the button below. All SIC Runners staying at the Holiday Inn will receive the Evening Before Dinner Free.
Find your hotel and reserve now!